- Happy Retirement Mark - Dr Mark H Barley retired from the group at the end of November after a varied and interesting career spanning 34 years in both industry and academia. After taking his
- Highlights from 2017 - 2017 has been a very successful year for our research group. Here are some highlights: We successfully graduate 7 PhD students. We are very proud of this and this is
- Well done Dr Mekhala! - Well done to Dr Mekhala Spencer who successfully defended her PhD on Thursday 7th December. Mekhala's thesis is entitled "The development of Raman spectroscopy for monitoring industrial biopharmaceuticals". This was
- Analytical Chemistry Front Cover - We are delighted that our work with our collagues Profs Karen Faulds and Duncan Graham on multiplex bacterial detection features on the front cover of Analytical Chemistry Volume 89 issue
- Congratulation Dr Heidi - Congratulations to Dr Heidi Fisk who succesfully defended her PhD on Friday 1 December. Heidi's thesis is entitled "Raman Spectroscopy for the Direct Monitoring of Microbial Biotransformations". This was a
Software: We have developed free and open source data analyses solutions in Matlab via GitHub and PyChem in Python, which you can read about in Bioinformatics. More chemometrics and tutorials are available via our resources tab.
Analytical Solutions: Our SOPs for MS-based metabolomics and SERS are available here.
Metabolomics: This is an exciting dynamic research area that is gaining momentum and we are pleased to announce:
- Journal: Metabolomics was launched in 2005. Tweet journal information available. E-Submit your papers via http://mebo.edmgr.com following the instructions to authors.
- Society: The Metabolomics Society promotes the growth and development of the field of metabolomics globally.
- Interest group: Metabolic Profiling Forum
- Standards: Papers are available here and were generated under the auspices of the Metabolomics Standards Initiative.
- Future Meetings: Metabolomics 2017: 26-29 June, Brisbane, Australia – MPF's Metabomeeting 2017: 11-13 Dec, University of Birmingham, UK..