Latest News: Latest papers and talks/conferences will appear here; older archived news located here:
- Omar’s first paper - We’re delighted that our paper on SERS of nicotine and its metabolites by Omar and Yun is a hot article in the Analyst. See their blog here and read our paper here. And hearty congratulations to Omar as this is also his first paper from his PhD.
- Nagla’s first publication - We are delighted that Nagla AlMasoud's first primary research paper on bacterial characterisation with MALDI-TOF-MS has been published in Analytica Chimica Acta volume 840, pp. 49-57. Read all about it here.
- Analyst Front Cover - Delighted that our work on multiple metabolomics methods for classifying bacteria appears on the front cover of the latest issue of the Analyst. Read all about it here. AlRabiah, H., Xu, Y., Rattray, N.J., Vaughan, A.A., Gibreel, T., Sayqal, A., Upton, M., Allwood, J.W. & Goodacre, R. (2014) Multiple metabolomics of uropathogenic E. coli reveal different […]
- Most Read articles in Analyst - Our Critical Review ‘Illuminating disease and enlightening biomedicine: Raman spectroscopy as a diagnostic tool’ which is available here, appears on 2013's Top 25 most read Analyst articles and is the top critical review.
- Happy 50th David - We wish David a very Happy 50th Birthday. Here he is enjoying his birthday celebrations:
- Dr Alex - Well done Dr Alex! Delighted to let you know that Alexandria Naden successfully defended her PhD on 23 June.
- Piotr’s first paper - We are delighted that Piotr Gromski's first paper has been published in Analytica Chimica Acta AND that it has been selected as the Featured Article and appears on the front cover of Volume 829. Read all about it here and see the cover here.
- Heidi’s 10k run - Heidi is running the BUPA Great Manchester 10 km run for CRUK. We hope you’ll consider supporting her via JustGiving: https://www.justgiving.com/heidi-fisk.
- Doctor Haitham - Well Done to Dr Haitham Alrabiah on successfully defending his PhD (3 April 2014). Nice photo with Dave Watson (his External) and Roy here
- Phd for Dave - Congratulations to Dr Dave Cowcher for successfully defending his PhD today (24 Feb 2014). Nice celebratory photo here
Software: We have developed a data analysis tool called PyChem. This is a new open source chemometrics package in Python. Read all about it in Bioinformatics. For those interested in Matlab our code for cluster analysis with code can be found here.
Metabolomics: This is an exciting dynamic research area that is gaining momentum and we are pleased to announce:
Society: The Metabolomics Society promotes the growth and development of the field of metabolomics globally.
Interest group: Metabolic Profiling Forum
Future Meetings: Metabolomics 2013 1-4 July, Glasgow, Scotland UK.