- Our work features in UoM In Abstract - We are delighted to see that our research work with Jon Lloyd and other colleagues in Earth and Environmental Sciences on algal colonization within a nuclear fuel storage pond which
- Many congratulations Dr Claire! - Many congratulations to Dr Claire Pickering for successfully defended her PhD on Thursday 9th August 2018. Claire's PhD is entitled "Development of rapid reagentless, in situ detection of biological threat
- Paul’s first paper - Congratulations to Paul who has just had his first paper accepted on Raman spectroscopy applied to food security. Has been published in Food Chemistry: Richardson, P.I.C., Muhamadali, H., *Ellis, D.I.
- Happy Retirement Mark - Dr Mark H Barley retired from the group at the end of November after a varied and interesting career spanning 34 years in both industry and academia. After taking his
- Highlights from 2017 - 2017 has been a very successful year for our research group. Here are some highlights: We successfully graduate 7 PhD students. We are very proud of this and this is
Software: We have developed free and open source data analyses solutions in Matlab via GitHub and PyChem in Python, which you can read about in Bioinformatics. More chemometrics and tutorials are available via our resources tab.
Analytical Solutions: Our SOPs for MS-based metabolomics and SERS are available here.
Metabolomics: This is an exciting dynamic research area that is gaining momentum and we are pleased to announce:
- Journal: Metabolomics was launched in 2005. Tweet journal information available. E-Submit your papers via http://mebo.edmgr.com following the instructions to authors.
- Standards: Papers are available here and were generated under the auspices of the Metabolomics Standards Initiative.
Future Conferences of Interest: You may find some of our group here:
- Moviss: Metabolomics Bio & Data 2018: 9-12 September – Vorau, Austria.
- SciX 2018: 21-26 October – Atlanta, GA, USA.
- MPF's Metabomeeting 2018: 17-19 December – University of Nottingham, UK.
- Physics in Food Manufacturing: 9-10 January, 2019 – Campden BRI, UK.
- Chimiométrie 2019: 31 January-1 February – Montpelier, France.
- Metabolomics 2019: 23-27 June – The Hague, NL.