- Happy New Year - We wish you a very prosperous, productive and most importantly peaceful 2017. The Laboratory of Analytical Spectroscopy - @BioSpecNet - believes that: "Every individual matters. Every individual has a role
- 2016 in review - 2016 was another very successful year for our group. Some highlights below: 4 successful PhD defenses. Well done Najla, Jo, Neha and Ali we wish you all the very best for
- Movember - For Movember Roy is DYEING to change the face of men’s health. Please give generously to: http://mobro.co/goodroy
- Well done Ali on your PhD - Congratulations to Ali who successfully defended his PhD yesterday (6th July). Dr Ali Sayqal’s PhD is on metabolomics for investigating drug and solvent stress on environmental bacteria. In particular Pseudomonas
- Fellow of Metabolomics Society - Roy is delighted to announce that at last week's Metabolomics Society meeting in Dublin he was made an Honorary Fellow of the Metabolomics Society. The award says that this is: "In recognition of
Software: We have developed free and open source data analyses solutions in Matlab via GitHub and PyChem in Python, which you can read about in Bioinformatics. More chemometrics and tutorials are available via our resources tab.
Analytical Solutions: Our SOPs for MS-based metabolomics and SERS are available here.
Metabolomics: This is an exciting dynamic research area that is gaining momentum and we are pleased to announce:
- Journal: Metabolomics was launched in 2005. Tweet journal information available. E-Submit your papers via http://mebo.edmgr.com following the instructions to authors.
- Society: The Metabolomics Society promotes the growth and development of the field of metabolomics globally.
- Interest group: Metabolic Profiling Forum
- Standards: Papers are available here and were generated under the auspices of the Metabolomics Standards Initiative.
- Future Meetings: Metabolomics 2017: 26-29 June, Brisbane, Australia – MPF's Metabomeeting 2017: 11-13 Dec, University of Birmingham, UK..