Latest News: Latest papers and talks/conferences will appear here; older archived news located here:
- Congratulations Jo on your PhD - Well done Jo! who successfully defending her PhD on Friday 6 May. Dr Joanne Denbigh's PhD is on metabolomics for investigating cancer dual drug therapy in cell line models and her […]
- Ali’s first paper - Congratulations to Ali Sayqal on the first research paper from his PhD being published in the open access journal Metabolites. Read all about it here: Metabolites 2016, 6(2), 14; doi:10.3390/metabo6020014 […]
- PhD for Najla - Congratulation to Najla for successfully defending her PhD on Friday 22 April. Dr Najla Almasoud's PhD is entitled ‘Rapid classification and differentiation of bacteria by analytical techniques’ Many thanks to her […]
- Double success at RSC Analytical Poster twitter conference - Congratulations to both Mekhala (Spencer) and Claire (Pickering) from our group who both won prizes at the Royal Society of Chemistry twitter poster day sponsored by the RSC journals Analyst, […]
- Meat, the metabolites out now, as seen on Chemistry World! - Chemistry World has featured our paper entitled “Meat, the metabolites: an integrated metabolite profiling and lipidomics approach for the detection of the adulteration of beef with pork” which has just […]
Software: We have developed a data analysis tool called PyChem. This is a new open source chemometrics package in Python. Read all about it in Bioinformatics. For those interested in Matlab our code for cluster analysis with code can be found here.
Metabolomics: This is an exciting dynamic research area that is gaining momentum and we are pleased to announce:
- Journal: Metabolomics was launched in 2005. Tweet journal information available. E-Submit your papers via http://mebo.edmgr.com following the instructions to authors.
- Society: The Metabolomics Society promotes the growth and development of the field of metabolomics globally.
- Interest group: Metabolic Profiling Forum
- Standards: Papers are available here and were generated under the auspices of the Metabolomics Standards Initiative.
- Future Meetings: Metabolomics 2016: 27-30 June, Dublin, Ireland.