- From 6-9 April we at the University of Liverpool is hosting Spring SciX 2020, a satellite meeting of the highly successful Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Society (FACSS) SciX series, covering a wide range of analytical chemistry research.
- Registration and abstracts are available: https://www.springscix.org/
- The early bird discount for registration ends 1st February.
- The Deadline for abstracts is Midnight 29th February 2020.
- 2 PhD studentships available- If you are interested in joining our group we currently have two PhD positions available: Development of metabolomics for understanding antimicrobial resistance in mixed infections Understanding and dissecting microbial communities…
- Coconut Water and Food Security News- David and Howbeer on You and Yours: Our work on the detection of adulteration in cococnut water with Raman spectroscopy has recently featured on BBC Radio programme You and…
- Our work features in UoM In Abstract- We are delighted to see that our research work with Jon Lloyd and other colleagues in Earth and Environmental Sciences on algal colonization within a nuclear fuel storage pond which…
- Many congratulations Dr Claire!- Many congratulations to Dr Claire Pickering for successfully defended her PhD on Thursday 9th August 2018. Claire's PhD is entitled "Development of rapid reagentless, in situ detection of biological threat…
- Paul’s first paper- Congratulations to Paul who has just had his first paper accepted on Raman spectroscopy applied to food security. Has been published in Food Chemistry: Richardson, P.I.C., Muhamadali, H., *Ellis, D.I.…
Software: We have developed free and open source data analyses solutions in Matlab via GitHub and PyChem in Python, which you can read about in Bioinformatics. More chemometrics and tutorials are available via our resources tab.
Analytical Solutions: Our SOPs for MS-based metabolomics and SERS are available here.
Metabolomics: This is an exciting dynamic research area that is gaining momentum and we are pleased to announce:
- Journal: Metabolomics was launched in 2005. Tweet journal information available. E-Submit your papers via http://mebo.edmgr.com following the instructions to authors.
- Standards: Papers are available here and were generated under the auspices of the Metabolomics Standards Initiative.
Future Conferences of Interest: You may find some of our group here:
- RFMF MetaboMeeting 2020: 22-24 Jan, Toulouse, France.
- Chemometrics in Analytical Chemistry 20-20: 21-26 June, Courmayeur, Italy.
- CLIRSPEC Summer School: 7-10 July, Lake Windermere, UK
- ICORS 2020: 2-7 Aug, Rome, Italy.
- SciX 2020: 11-16 Oct, Reno, USA.