- Dr Ewa – congratulation - Congratulations! to Dr Ewa Szula who successfully defended her PhD today (14 September). Ewa's thesis was entitled "Metabolic profiling and imaging of CHO cells for fusion protein production" and was funded
- We remember our friends in Manchester - We remember our city friends in Manchester and all those who have been affected by the Manchester Arena Bombing on 22 May 2017. Here is a truly inspiration poem about
- Double PhD success - Congratulations to Dr Chloe Westley and Dr Abdu Subaihi who were both awarded their PhDs on Thursday 11th May. A brilliant result and we wish you all the very best for your futures.
- Nature Methods Paper - Delighted to have worked with Gary Siuzdak, Caroline Johnson and many other colleagues on this paper published in Nature Methods: Systems biology guided by XCMS Online metabolomics. Nature Methods 14
- Runner up Prize for 2017 Metabolomics - We are very pleased to have been awarded Runner up for the Best review award in the 2017 Metabolomics publication awards. Click here for the announcement. And read our article
Software: We have developed free and open source data analyses solutions in Matlab via GitHub and PyChem in Python, which you can read about in Bioinformatics. More chemometrics and tutorials are available via our resources tab.
Analytical Solutions: Our SOPs for MS-based metabolomics and SERS are available here.
Metabolomics: This is an exciting dynamic research area that is gaining momentum and we are pleased to announce:
- Journal: Metabolomics was launched in 2005. Tweet journal information available. E-Submit your papers via http://mebo.edmgr.com following the instructions to authors.
- Society: The Metabolomics Society promotes the growth and development of the field of metabolomics globally.
- Interest group: Metabolic Profiling Forum
- Standards: Papers are available here and were generated under the auspices of the Metabolomics Standards Initiative.
- Future Meetings: Metabolomics 2017: 26-29 June, Brisbane, Australia – MPF's Metabomeeting 2017: 11-13 Dec, University of Birmingham, UK..